Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

AUTUMN :...............

Well, today I can definitely feel that autumn is finally showing her beautiful face in the ever- changing leaves , cool mornings and evenings. I will post some photographs as the situation allows. But first let me share some beautiful quilts with you.
                                                             The first hand stitched quilt I made was for my daughter. She wanted a pink and black one. This is a Tiki Brophy design called " Always believe in angels among us".                                                      I just cant wait for the cooler weather to start hand quilting and        snuggle up under all the quilted love.



Bunting I made from same fabrics for her bedroom. She has now ordered a Block Quilt, but that will have to wait a while as I have about 8 other projects that have to be completed first.





 A block quilt I made for our bed last year.

A close up of one of the detailed blocks:

I just love love the old leather suitcases and have a collection of them. This one I actually used on a short trip to visit my mom ; much to my teenagers 'disgust'. You cannot believe how spacious they are, strong and sturdy.

 Made these crumpets from a recipe book I received from the kids for my birthday. They were decorated with fresh fruit, honey and fresh cream. Pure delight for the craving tastebuds.

                                       Delightful! Makes one look like a 'pro' but so easy.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous quilts - love the variations & dedication.

    We are also into crumpets at the moment & I made ours with wholemeal flour & they were lovely.

    Hmmm lovely presentation
    D xxx

    ReplyDelete