Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Our South African winter is creeping in slowly but surely!! I just enjoy this time of the year because we can knit, crochet, stitch, cook and bake to our heart's content - without sweltering in the heat!
Once again I have tackled a few more projects and they are : knitting and crocheting for our prayer shawl group, quilting and cooking hot comfort food!


My mom, who has spent the past week here, got stuck in to some cooking and makes the most divine lasagne!


 I, on the other hand, love making curries and soup...



Inbetween the cooking, we are knitting, crocheting and quilting. Mom is busy teaching Maria how to knit as well. She's starting off with a basic scarf. So am curious as to see how far she got with her 'homework' tonight! Will share her progress in my next post. I am very concerned about Maria's slow recovery from her bad bout of shingles! My doctor said that was the worst he has ever seen and she's been booked off work for another 6 months, although she refuses to stay away from work, I have to accommodate her tiredness and pain! So for the days that she will not be coming in to work, she can at least keep herself busy at home knitting and creating something to alleviate the boredom! Once she masters the knitting, I will teach her to crochet.  She's always so calm and just gets on with the job. I admire her courage.






1 comment:

  1. Your girlies winter food looks so warm & comforting - winter food is just so lovely. Looks like you are all very busy there xx

    ReplyDelete